You are here: Home » Photography » Senior session: Lizzy

Senior session: Lizzy

Lizzy contacted us awhile back for her high school senior portrait session. She liked our portfolio but instead of an outdoorsy shoot, she wanted to be in the middle of a city center. On the day of, we were blessed with a non-rainy overcast day and headed to downtown Portland… where we got a whole lot of weird looks and bumped into some very interesting people… (you’ll see how weird later).

Click through for Lizzy’s fun photos and a few Carrie Bradshaw snapshots at the end.

lizzy 004b Senior session: Lizzy

She was full of spunk and energy. I love it when they bring this much personality to a shoot. Here’s Lizzy with her K-pop impression and having fun with the camera.

lizzy 005b Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy 003b Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy v 002b Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy v 003 Senior session: Lizzy

She was a trooper and wasn’t afraid of the less than sanitary clean downtown walkway =). We were hoping to capture more people in the background… where had everyone gone??

lizzy 006 Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy v 007 Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy 008 Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy v 005 Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy v 004 Senior session: Lizzy

Lizzy then put away her punky brewster and channeled her inner model… which exists in everyone! =)

lizzy v 001 Senior session: Lizzy

Here’s one of my fav shots of her… it has an magazine editorial feel to it.

lizzy 001 Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy 002 Senior session: Lizzy

Then came the drill sergeant!

lizzy v 006 Senior session: Lizzy

…Stop!! Diamonds! (it starts so early doesn’t it?)

lizzy v 008 Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy 009 Senior session: Lizzy

With the shoot nearing its end, we went to the streets!… and got all sorts of looks from passers-by. Including dudes with purses. lol

lizzy 010 Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy v 009 Senior session: Lizzy

At the end, I couldn’t leave without grabbing a few snapshots of her very supportive sisters. Arm in arm like the Sex in the City girls ;p.

lizzy 012 Senior session: Lizzy
lizzy 013 Senior session: Lizzy

Lizzy, thanks for a super fun shoot. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. You brought your A-game, willing to walk into the middle of a crowd and didn’t let anyone distract you… not even this guy below who threw himself into the frame. hahaha.

lizzy 007 Senior session: Lizzy

All photos were taken under natural light… except the one below: Jump!

lizzy 014 Senior session: Lizzy
Posted in: Photography, Portraits, Seniors   |   Tags: natural light, Nikon 35mm f2 photos, Nikon 50mm f1.4 photos, Nikon 85mm f1.4 photos, Nikon D700 photos, portland senior portrait  |   Post a comment.
Links: Trackbacks are closed   |  permalink
Liked this post? Get instant updates.
Subscribe for updates via RSS:   or Email:

Spend an afternoon with us!

If our style of photography connects with you and you can picture yourself all prettied up in one of our creative portrait sessions, we'd love to hear from you. Share with us your idea and let's customize a special afternoon just for you. Contact us for rate information.

13 Comments shared. Your thoughts are welcome.

1. minggles
    Posted Wednesday, September 29th 2010, at 6:15 am | Permalink

I WANT PHOTOS OF ME!!!!! LOVE LOVE these photos!! So unique and captures the subject in so many forms =)

2. Jenny
    Posted Wednesday, September 29th 2010, at 10:23 am | Permalink

She is adorable. I really love how they turned out. It really captured all the different ‘looks’ we were trying to pull off. Great job.

3. Posted Wednesday, September 29th 2010, at 1:17 pm | Permalink

too cute! and i love her inner city look! definitely adds that posh city girl touch to it!

4. Posted Wednesday, September 29th 2010, at 8:40 pm | Permalink

totally amazing. shes so photogentic. its always good to have the modle be so photogentic and get great shoots like this.

5. cynthia
    Posted Wednesday, September 29th 2010, at 9:13 pm | Permalink

that looks like a really fun photoshoot! u guys did an awesome job! i better schedule an appointment with u guys soon before u guys get too expensive to afford hehe

6. Mor Yang
    Posted Wednesday, September 29th 2010, at 9:19 pm | Permalink

I love it! Beautifully done and love the fun poses. Great job Kay! ;)

7. Posted Wednesday, September 29th 2010, at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Very nice. :) She is a star. She is not afraid to just be herself in the middle of the busy place. The one that stood out the most to me is this one (http://www.prettygeeky.com/images/uploads/2010/lizzy/lizzy-001.jpg), because there is something about it. She changed her hair style three times too, how long did that take? My model usually just stick with one hair style. lol. Love the natural lighting.

8. Posted Wednesday, September 29th 2010, at 10:04 pm | Permalink

@Mor: This super cute shoot was all Ty’s work. I’m still in WI with my family. =)

@Ty: I love overcast days; the light is so gorgeous! Lizzy has an infectious smile. =D

9. Grace
    Posted Thursday, September 30th 2010, at 10:59 am | Permalink

Cute! I wish my senior portraits were more like those! She’s a natural!

10. Jane
    Posted Thursday, September 30th 2010, at 3:42 pm | Permalink

haha how funny! i love these photos. im sending my kids to u when they grad highschool, but thats like in 10 yrs. im sure u two will still be in business! ;) love it. boy pdx looks creepy…not going dwn twn ever again. JK!

11. Panhia Lee
    Posted Friday, October 1st 2010, at 7:56 am | Permalink

omg, she is super photogenic! GORGEOUS!!! I love the shot of the old guy in the background giving her bunny ears! hahahah that’s priceless!

12. Yeng
    Posted Sunday, October 3rd 2010, at 9:08 pm | Permalink

Wow, she’s so brave! I would be so embarrassed. Kuddos to her! =) Love all the photos.

But I’m still waiting for y’all to upload baby Anabell!! =)

13. Posted Sunday, October 10th 2010, at 1:54 am | Permalink

Wow, this is awesome. I love it.

Got something to say? Why not leave a comment?

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *